- 1 Robin Williams Funny Quotes
- 2 Robin Williams Quotes about Life
- 3 Robin Williams Quotes about Love
- 4 Robin Williams Quotes on Happiness
- 5 Robin Williams Quotes about Laughter
- 6 Robin Williams Quotes from Movies
- 7 Conclusion:
- 8 FAQs:
Discover the wit and wisdom of legendary actor and comedian Robin Williams with our collection of inspiring and humorous Robin Williams quotes. From life lessons to musings on death, these quotes are sure to make you laugh, think, and feel inspired. Read on for some of the most memorable quotes from this beloved performer.
Robin Williams was a beloved actor and comedian known for his quick wit, infectious energy, and larger-than-life personality. From his iconic roles in movies like “Good Will Hunting,” “Dead Poets Society,” and “Mrs. Doubtfire,” to his stand-up comedy routines, Williams brought laughter and joy to audiences around the world. But he was more than just a funnyman. Williams was also a deeply insightful and introspective person, with a talent for articulating life’s big questions with humor and heart.
In this blog post, we’ve compiled some of the best Robin Williams quotes on life, death, and everything in between. Whether you’re looking for a laugh or some sage advice, these quotes are sure to inspire and entertain you. So let’s take a closer look at some of the most memorable quotes from one of the greatest comedians of our time.
Robin Williams Funny Quotes
1. “I’m sorry, if you were right, I’d agree with you.”
2. “Why do they call it rush hour when nothing moves?”
3. “Spring is nature’s way of saying, ‘Let’s party!'”
4. “God gave men both a penis and a brain, but unfortunately not enough blood supply to run both at the same time.”
5. “The only reason Mickey Mouse has four fingers is because he can’t pick up a cheque.”
6. “Ah, yes, divorce, from the Latin word meaning to rip out a man’s genitals through his wallet.”
7. “I love women. They’re the best thing ever created. If they want to be like men and come down to our level, that’s fine.”
8. “Death is nature’s way of telling you to slow down.”
9. “I’m a man of many contradictions, I’m self-educated and I’m a self-hater.”
10. “If it’s the Psychic Network why do they need a phone number?”
11. “Never pick a fight with an ugly person, they’ve got nothing to lose.”
12. “Ah, coffee. The sweet balm by which we shall accomplish today’s tasks.”
13. “If women ran the world we wouldn’t have wars, just intense negotiations every 28 days.”
14. “Spring is God’s way of saying, ‘One more time!'”
15. “We’ve had cloning in the South for years. It’s called cousins.”
16. “In England, if you commit a crime, the police don’t have a gun and you don’t have a gun. If you commit a crime, the police will say ‘Stop, or I’ll say stop again.'”
17. “You know what music is? God’s little reminder that there’s something else besides us in this universe; harmonic connection between all living beings, everywhere, even the stars.”
18. “Cocaine is God’s way of telling you you are making too much money.”
Robin Williams Quotes about Life
19. “No matter what people tell you, words and ideas can change the world.”
20. “I think the saddest people always try their hardest to make people happy because they know what it’s like to feel absolutely worthless and they don’t want anyone else to feel like that.”
21. “Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always.”
22. “I believe in destiny. There must be a reason that I am as I am. There must be.”
23. “You’re only given one little spark of madness. You mustn’t lose it.”
24. “I’m a very tolerant man, except when it comes to holding a grudge.”
25. “No matter what anybody tells you, words and ideas can change the world.”
26. “The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone.”
27. “You will have bad times, but they will always wake you up to the stuff you weren’t paying attention to.”
28. “Carpe per diem – seize the check.”
29. “I used to think the worst thing in life was to end up all alone, it’s not. The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel alone.”
30. “Reality is just a crutch for people who can’t cope with drugs.”
31. “What’s right is what’s left if you do everything else wrong.”
32. “No matter how hard you try, you can never baptize a cat.”
33. “You’re only given a little spark of madness. You mustn’t lose it.”
34. “There’s no shame in failing. The only shame is not giving things your best shot.”
35. “The only weapon we have is comedy.”
36. “Some are born great. Some achieve greatness. Some get it as a graduation gift.”
37. “Good people end up in Hell because they can’t forgive themselves.”
38. “I used to think that the worst thing in life was to end up alone. It’s not. The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel alone.”
39. “In the dictionary, under redundant, it says see redundant.”
Robin Williams Quotes about Love
40. “Love is the world’s infinite mutability; lies, hatred, murder even, are all knit up in it; it is the inevitable blossoming of its opposites, a magnificent rose smelling faintly of blood.”
41. “Love is the only weapon that’s ever been able to overcome hate.”
42. “I believe in love at first sight. You want that connection, and then you want some problems.”
43. “Love is like a virus. It can happen to anybody at any time.”
44. “I used to think the worst thing in life was to end up all alone. It’s not. The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone.”
45. “There’s no shame in failing. The only shame is not giving things your best shot.”
46. “It’s not about what you want, it’s about what you’re willing to give.”
47. “The human spirit is more powerful than any drug and that is what needs to be nourished with work, play, friendship, family. These are the things that matter.”
48. “Love is a weapon of light, and it has the power to eradicate all forms of darkness.”
49. “Comedy is acting out optimism.”
50. “The only way to have a friend is to be one.”
51. “Love is the only sane and satisfactory answer to the problem of human existence.”
Robin Williams Quotes on Happiness
52. “Happiness is the best makeup.”
53. “We don’t read and write poetry because it’s cute. We read and write poetry because we are members of the human race. And the human race is filled with passion. And medicine, law, business, engineering, these are noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life. But poetry, beauty, romance, love, these are what we stay alive for.”
54. “All it takes is a beautiful fake smile to hide an injured soul and they will never notice how broken you really are.”
55. “You know what music is? God’s little reminder that there’s something else besides us in this universe, a harmonic connection between all living beings, every where, even the stars.”
Robin Williams Quotes about Laughter
56. “Laughter is the best medicine. Unless you’re diabetic, then insulin comes pretty high on the list.””
57. “The Statue of Liberty is no longer saying ‘Give me your poor, your tired, your huddled masses.’ She’s got a baseball bat and yelling, ‘You want a piece of me?'”
58. “I believe in God, but I also believe in laughter. I think laughter is the best medicine. It’s like an instant vacation.”
59. “Laughter is the best medicine — unless you’re diabetic, then insulin comes pretty high on the list.”
60. “Death is a distant rumor to the young.”
Robin Williams Quotes from Movies
61. “You’ll have bad times, but it’ll always wake you up to the good stuff you weren’t paying attention to.” – Good Will Hunting (1997)
62. “Carpe diem. Seize the day, boys. Make your lives extraordinary.” – Dead Poets Society (1989)
63. “Goooooood morning, Vietnam!” – Good Morning, Vietnam (1987)
64. “I’m sorry, but I don’t want to be an emperor. That’s not my business. I don’t want to rule or conquer anyone. I should like to help everyone if possible.” – The Great Dictator (1940) – voiceover by Robin Williams
65. “You are who you choose to be.” – The Iron Giant (1999) – voiceover by Robin Williams
66. “We don’t read and write poetry because it’s cute. We read and write poetry because we are members of the human race.” – Dead Poets Society (1989)
67. “To live would be an awfully big adventure.” – Hook (1991)
68. “I’m a dame, and dames don’t knit.” – The Birdcage (1996)
69. “Thank you for being here. Thank you for being here for me.” – Patch Adams (1998)
70. “It’s not your fault.” – Good Will Hunting (1997)
Robin Williams was a one-of-a-kind talent whose humor and heart touched the lives of countless people around the world. Whether he was making us laugh with his wild antics or making us think with his insightful musings on life, death, and everything in between, Williams had a way of connecting with audiences that was truly special. In this blog post, we’ve highlighted some of the best Robin Williams quotes from his movies, stand-up comedy routines, and interviews.
From inspiring words of wisdom to hilarious one-liners, these quotes are a testament to the enduring legacy of this beloved performer. We hope that this collection of quotes has given you a glimpse into the brilliance and humor of one of the greatest comedians of all time, and that it has left you with a smile on your face and a renewed appreciation for the power of laughter and insight.
What are some of the most popular Robin Williams quotes?
Some of Robin Williams’ most popular quotes include “Carpe diem. Seize the day, boys. Make your lives extraordinary,” “You’re only given a little spark of madness. You mustn’t lose it,” and “No matter what people tell you, words and ideas can change the world.”
What were some of Robin Williams’ most famous movies?
Some of Robin Williams’ most famous movies include “Good Will Hunting,” “Dead Poets Society,” “Mrs. Doubtfire,” “Aladdin,” “Good Morning, Vietnam,” and “Patch Adams.“
Did Robin Williams ever do stand-up comedy?
Yes, Robin Williams was a prolific stand-up comedian who was known for his rapid-fire delivery and his ability to improvise on the spot.
What was Robin Williams’ approach to comedy?
Robin Williams’ approach to comedy was characterized by his quick wit, his manic energy, and his willingness to take risks. He was known for his ability to inhabit a wide range of characters and to find humor in unexpected places.
What is Robin Williams’ legacy?
Robin Williams’ legacy is one of laughter, inspiration, and empathy. He was a gifted comedian, actor, and philanthropist who used his talent to make the world a better place. His work continues to inspire and entertain people around the world, and he will always be remembered as one of the greatest performers of his generation.